Saturday, September 04, 2004

Fascism Watch

Andrew Card, White House Chief of Staff, uttered some extremely creepy words last week that sounded, well, like something Hitler would say.

''It struck me as I was speaking to people in Bangor, Maine, that this president sees America as we think about a 10-year-old child," Card said. ''I know as a parent I would sacrifice all for my children."

We have a very dangerous situation in America if a president and his top aides view the rest of us as children. What does that mean anyway? If we ask questions of Bush will he say, "Because I said so."? And what is up with this sacrifice thing? The president doesn't have to sacrifice anything for me. His job is to govern. Unfortunately, because we have one party rule he doesn't have to do much of that. The fascism watch will continue.