Sunday, May 04, 2008

Kudos from Floyd and Silber

Aside from Black Agenda Report, my two favorite web sites are Chris Floyd's Empire Burlesque and Arthur Silber's Once Upon a Time, Power of Narrative.

Today Silber did me the great honor of quoting from a column I wrote last year. The subject of that column was the the book Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present. Floyd in turn quoted Silber, and thus my name is linked with greatness in not one, but two places.

Silber and Floyd are heroes of mine because they tell the truth. They tell the truth about Bush, and Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. They spare no one and they have no allegiance to either of our dreadful political parties. I am truly honored that Silber would give me some attention and put my name alongside that of Jeremiah Wright.

Wright is being pilloried because he is a truth teller. Black Americans used to be the most consistent truth tellers in the country, but the ascendance and possible presidency of Barack Obama has changed all that. That will be the subject of my next Black Agenda Report column to be published this Wednesday.

Thanks again Chris and Arthur. I truly appreciate you both in so many ways.