Thursday, June 16, 2005

Billy Graham and Jews

"They (Jews) swarm around me and are friendly to me. Because they know that I am friendly to Israel and so forth. But they don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country, and I have no power and no way to handle them." - Billy Graham in 1972 taped conversation with Richard Nixon

"I'm a rabbi and I like Billy Graham." - Marc Gellman

Graham apologized when those remarks were made public in 2002. "I cannot imagine what caused me to make those comments . …I was wrong for not disagreeing with the President."

Graham's comments haven't hurt him with Jewish leaders. Like Gellman they forgave him and still praise him. Once again we see that influential white people can get away with making bigoted, ugly remarks that are quickly forgiven and forgotten. Meanwhile, the ADL is still foaming at the mouth over Farrakhan and demanding that black people denounce him.

It still pays to be white.