Confessing Christ in a World of Violence
Over 200 theologians and ethicists have signed this new confession of Christ. You can see the full text in Sojourners.
1. Jesus Christ, as attested in Holy Scripture, knows no national boundaries.
2. Christ commits Christians to a strong presumption against war.
3. Christ commands us to see not only the splinter in our adversary's eye, but also the beam in our own.
4. Christ shows us that enemy-love is the heart of the gospel.
5. Christ teaches us that humility is the virtue befitting forgiven sinners.
Christians must speak to these principles more adamantly than ever before. Our religion has been hijacked by extremists.