Friday, October 15, 2004

A Bigger Steal than in 2000

I have a lot of issues with Eric Alterman, primarily because he not only discounted the importance of the peace movement, but he actually said that we shouldn't protest. He also suffers badly from white liberal syndrome. At any rate, I still read him because he makes sense often enough.

"I am going to go on record here saying forget the polls, which were wrong last time and will be wrong again this time. If Bush somehow wins, it will require an even bigger steal than four years ago. Nobody who voted for Gore is voting for Bush. The Democrats have registered millions of new voters who don’t show up in the polls. Idiots who share Ralph Nader’s belief that there is not a “dime’s worth of difference” between the two candidates are far fewer than last time around. And lots more people have cell phones and can’t be reached by pollsters. I’m not saying Bush can’t win; I’m just saying I don’t think he can win honestly."