Sunday, August 29, 2004

I'm Marching in New York City

Dear Readers,

I am on my way to the United for Peace and Justice march. We will be marching directly past Madison Square Garden, site of the RNC convention. I will be with the National Writers Union, UAW Local 1981.

Contrary to reports from the anti-Democratic national media, 99.9% of marchers are non-violent. I never see the anarchists you see depicted day after day. When I have protested in NY I see parents with babies in strollers, and groups from churches, but they don't sensationalize the story OR demonize the Democrats so they rarely make the news.

I am very disappointed that even liberal pundits have tried to persuade us not to march. When millions of people all over the world marched on February 15, 2003, the Democratic party and the peace movement got a new dose of credibility. I'll have more on that later.

DUMP BUSH IN 2004!