Thursday, October 09, 2003

Pat Robertson

It is after 11 p.m. and I am tired. I was on my way to bed when I made the mistake of checking just one more website. It was a bad mistake.

In my October 5th post I mentioned that Pat Robertson joined the "let's question a black person's credentials" onslaught with a criticism of Morgan Freeman. Freeman had the unmitigated gall to portray the Almighty in a film. What nerve.

Robertson is at it again. He thinks we should "get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottomt" and blow it up. I know that conservatives don't like the State Department but this is getting to be ridiculous. First Ann Coulter wants to blow up the New York Times. Then Clarence Thomas wants to blow up his alma mater, Yale Law School. Now Robertson wants to blow up part of our own government. I have yet to hear of any liberals wanting to blow up anything. We just complain among ourselves and cry in our beer over the latest butt kicking by the people who want to blow things up.

Now I am going to bed.