Friday, October 09, 2009

Nobel Peace Prize for Endless War


When I first saw the news I thought it was an April Fools in October prank. I thought the Onion had hacked into the world wide web. I thought I was having a nightmare.


None of the above were true. Barack Obama is in fact a Nobel peace prize laureate. Yes, the man who sends "surgical" strikes to kill civilians in Afghanistan, who sends drones to kill civilians in Pakistan, who wants to pass laws to incarcerate without trial, has now been awarded a prize for peace.

Henry Kissinger received the same honor after killing millions of people, so I suppose it is not very surprising. They do have to be a little embarassed however. Just yesterday Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said that there will be no peace agreement for years. Perhaps they had already sent in their ballots and couldn't take it back.

In any case, if you are as angry as I am, you should give the Nobel folks a piece of your mind. Here is the contact information. I hope I'm not the only one they hear from.