Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rachel Maddow: Indefinite detention? Shame on you... President Obama

Hallelujah! A few progressives may be turning against Obama. It is about time.

Rachel Maddow says it. Obama is asserting presidential powers that even Bush did not. Once again we have a president who pisses on the constitution, but this one has the gall to announce that he will do so while standing in the national archives. What a bastard!

In the future I prefer dumb presidents. People don't like them and let them get away with less. No more smooth talking smarty pants presidents. They get away with advocating indefinite detention without trial and very few will fight them.

Develop a legal regime? Preventive detention? Ten years behind bars? How could we be any worse off if McCain had won? I am proud to say that I didn't vote for Obama. It is a tradition that I plan to uphold every four years. The jackass party will not get my vote in a presidential election ever again.